Sunday, April 1, 2012

Tombstone, the town to tough to die!!

Tombstone is about 48 miles from Douglas.  There is much to see and do in Tombstone, especially for the kids.  I still enjoy visiting there.  Last summer when Cameron  was down for part of the summer, he and I spent the night and did some of the ghost tours there.  It was fun!!

http://www.tombstoneweb.com

This is a link to a lot of information about Tombstone.

And we also have some family history there.  Many years ago I was reading an article on the 100th anniversary of the Gunfight at the OK Corral.  I read about our Phoenix cousins' grandfather, Emil Marks, actually witnessing it.  Here is a link to my blog where I wrote about it.

http://irisheyesshannon.blogspot.com/2008/11/glimpse-of-moment-in-arizona-history.html


We are all looking forward to July!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, so cool that your Phoenix cousins' grandfather witnessing the Gunfight at the OK Corral. I love going to Tombstone too. I'm sorry I won't be able to make it to Aunt Teresa's birthday as I will be gone visiting my sister Phyllis. I will look forward to hearing ALL the fun details.
    Love & hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete